Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Date Night

So this past Sunday Jonathan and I had a Christmas date night! We started off by making some gingerbread cookies to decorate...this was actually Jonathan's idea! I found this recipe online. They aren't for making actual gingerbread cookies but we made it work and they were really good. The actual gingerbread men we made were thin so they came out a little crunchy but the regular cookies we made were super soft and yummy! They have a mild ginger taste to them which I like. Here's the recipe: Big Soft Ginger Cookies

Jonathan did all the cutting out of the gingerbread men/women! hehe Here's our decorated cookies!

Jonathan's cookies.... ;)
And obviously these are mine... 

We also went to Starbucks and got some caramel apple spice ciders and went to look at Christmas lights. It's a MUST that we get our Starbucks drinks before we ever look at Christmas lights...it also helped that it was cold that night because it made it feel more Christmas-y. We were trying to find a close, good place to look at lights since it was getting pretty late. So we ended up in Richardson in some neighborhood that had super cute lights then we just went back to Deerfield in Plano to look there. These pics are from Deerfield. They are not very good since I took them with my iphone.



Such a perfect evening with my husband! I am definitely looking forward to spending our first Christmas together as husband and wife! ;)

1 comment: